Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mrs Smith's exciting day

The Exotic Marigold Hotel is a lovely film. Mrs Smith likes. Honestly, if it hadn't been for Super Sensible Alison suggesting the flicks for our entertainment, I would have had the most boring day of my life for ages. I didn't get the light bulbs because B&Q didn't have them, I didn't get a new light for the playroom and I didn't get the right work trousers for the Apprentice although I did have a stand up fight with the Best Boy (younger son) about 40" waist being too big for spindly older son. "It's not my fault if they don't mark the sizes clearly". No, you have to actually read the large label on the front indicating the waist size, you dork! Shopping with your mother is considered a trial by kids; shopping with my boys is hard labour.

I then went to see my father who doesn't look gloriously well after his heart op. I think it will take him a while to recover. I dare say I wouldn't be dancing the light fandango after having my rib cage sawn through and wrenched open like a suitcase either.

Now today is Mrs Smith's exciting day. I am going on an art adventure, several art adventures, starting at the V&A followed by the RA then Selfridges and The Big Egg Hunt with the Lovely Claudia, then meeting Mr Smith and nice client at posh hotel by which time I will be ready to expire and I certainly won't be feeling like cooking dinner. "Oh that's OK, I've looked in the freezer and we can have one of the casseroles you made earlier." And there was me thinking he might take me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment