Sunday, March 4, 2012

Domestic God

Went to Brixton market which was so out of this world. We do live in a very cosmopolitan city and this pocket of London is a glorious mixture of African, Arab, Caribbean, Indian and Far Eastern produce. I absolutely loved it. I bought masses of exotic fruit and lugged it all home on the bus as the tube was unwell. Anyway, I started a painting but it's awfully tricky and the fruit is beginning to smell. There's nothing quite like the pong of rotting mangoes to transport you back to the Caribbean. I think I might just make a big tropical fruit salad then look up how to cook breadfruit, plantains and something I don't know the name of. I'll imagine the painting.

Mr Smith kindly did the hoovering. I now have to kindly mend the hoover. Actually, two hoovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment