Saturday, March 17, 2012

Get excited and make things

The craft making show at Olympia was excellent. Three of us and one tagger alonger went along together. We went to the Liberty stand and made patchwork squares for a giant jubilee quilt. Then we split up and bought things we didn't really mean to buy, especially me who vowed to buy nothing on account of having so many unfinished projects on the go. I now have some more. I bought the most beautiful cream yarn you could dream of; silk and merino mix. I also got the pattern for a cabled scarf with bobbles on the end. It is so beautiful, heavy and dense - just yummy. We went for lunch at Pizza Express and were joined by the tagger alonger when we had finished. She is one of those people who can never quite get their act together. I am taking care not to become her.

When I got home I found Mr Smith had been shopping. Oh Lovely Mr Smith. He had bought donuts for tea. I ate two ..... having had pizza for lunch. I will probably explode.

Now I am going to finish a painting ... But there again that new knitting is calling to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment