Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Busy bee

I had a day of goodly tasks yesterday some of which were very yucky. I didn't manage any painting or swimming but I did go to my class and the brilliant M-C sorted out my knitted blanket for me. It's ongoing and tricky and very Rowan Yarn with mean patterns that don't give you enough instruction. Cast on and knit until it's done. Oh, I see. Mr Smith is of course a marvellous help. "Do you have to do knitting in here?". Admittedly he is talking about our bed in the middle of the night.

The carpenter came and sorted out our shelves but now I have to paint them. I went to B&Q and bought paint. DIY shops exhaust me. I feel so fatigued after walking around one that I don't have the energy to perform the task. I did make a start but how will I disguise the great big line along the back where the shelf was? Many a layer and some sanding I suppose. Can I be bothered? Well, nobody else is going to do it.

We have a leaky outside kitchen drain and it pongs. It's the bit around the edge that oozes goo into the flower bed so I bought some instant cement and set to. This meant we couldn't use the sink tap or drain all evening. I had to drain the pasta into a bucket and use water from the outside tap. I bound up the kitchen tap with cling film but, being thick, I still tried to use it - it exploded. I now have to see if my brilliant drain mending skills have done the trick or whether we are back to the drawing board. We might have to call a man in. "Cor blimey, who's made this dreadful mess?". Oh that was Mr Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment