Sunday, March 25, 2012

The sea and me and a credit card

I went to Chichester on Friday to the hairdressers and a bit of boring shopping for comestibles, tres dull. But the shops in Chichester are lovely and there are several new ones so with my smart non grey hair I returned on Saturday and bought lots of lovely things such as scarves and shoes and dresses and a coaty thing and a bra from M&S and a lovely big long light cardi from Phase Eight. Mrs Smith recommends lovely new shop where all the clothes look like pyjamas called Sahara. You probably all know it really well but it's new to me. I bought the whole shop. www.saharalondon.com. Then I had my nails done; they are just so shiny

Mr Smith, the dog and I had a lovely seaside visit. It was gloriously sunny and we basked upon the balcony watching the surfers riding the waves and the people buying ice creams by the beach. I can't think why we want to sell the flat. Oh yes, we haven't got any money. I appointed some new estate agents and will wait to hear that they have sold it. Oh, apparently it doesn't work like that. We tidied it up and posed everything just so. I love that, making it look like Hello magazine are popping round for an At Home with the Smiths in their stylishly decorated penthouse overlooking the Solent. Really it's some Ikea furniture and the odd bit of seaside clutter in a rather nasty apartment block looking over a bit of grey Channel.

I finished my knitting but it isn't anything like the pattern. I am a bit disappointed. I might undo it and knit it how I think it should be.

Have you plumbed in your telly for the digital switchover yet? It's awfully complicated and Mr Smith was absolutely no help. I gazed at a blue screen for many an hour then it went black. After the third attempt I gave up and went to the pub and when I came back there was Divina. Apparently you need to be quite patient. Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment