Sunday, March 18, 2012

Maternal instinct

Designer Susan sent me a beautiful knitted scarf yesterday. I recognised the yarn as something I had seen in John Lewis but discarded due to hideous price. She is not bothered by such trivia. She is very bad for me.... but a brilliant friend and wonderful knitter.

We have a new neighbour. Our vile Syrian and his screeching wife, obnoxious brats and yapping dog have all departed. We now have a nice, very pregnant, Russian lady. She told me her name but I've forgotten it. I'll call her Valentina. She is expecting twins next month. She has moved into her great big house without a stick of furniture. She doesn't appear to have a man. Assuming she didn't impregnate herself there must be an Ivanovic somewhere. May he come quick with an Ikea van.

It is Mothers Day. This will no doubt pass unnoticed in our household as usual. Actually, the Apprentice did get me a card and the Best Boy will probably find the card he meant to give me last year but forgot. It's somewhere amongst the chaos in his room. Mr Smith just adopts the attitude of I am not his mother. I shall wallow in self pity and wait for a present wondering why I didn't eat them at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment