Friday, March 2, 2012

Eggs is eggs

The Lovely Claudia and I went egg hunting which involved lots of cups of tea and a few lovely shops and galleries around Bond Street and a thoroughly brill afternoon.

The David Hockney exhib at the RA is amazingly fabulous. Although there were a lot of people it was quite tolerable as the paintings are so huge you are not vying for elbow room. Mrs Smith's favourite? um er probably the films and the iPad drawings and the paintings of trees and the photos and the absolutely everything. I bought the book which is a mighty tome of some weight that I then had to drag round London for the whole rest of the day.

The cloak made of spider silk at the V&A is rather dull but amazing in technique ditto the Queen of whom there is an exhib of photos by Cecil Beaton. I absolutely love being a "friend" as you just wave your little card and it's all free. (I mean friend of the V&A not the Queen.)
The other marvellous exhib I chanced upon was David Chihuly's amazing glass structures in fabulous colours that just took my breath away - wow! Absolutely incredible.

Mr Smith met me at the Intercontinental Hotel where we delivered the painting. The client is very pleased with it so we are all happy. We drank champagne and admired the view over Hyde Park.

I am absolutely exhausted but have to drag myself back up to London today to go to the vile nasty dreadful dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment