Saturday, August 11, 2012

Walk on by

I went to the Olympic Race Walk.  Walking race?  That has to be some of the runniest walking I have ever seen.  A chap did get disqualified for an obvious bit of out and out sprinting but only because the games master was actually watching.  It was marvellously exciting and most Olympicsy with Buckingham Palace at one end and Constitution Hill at the other.  So I have now been to three Olympic events and will hold my own little closing ceremony soon.

I came back from Birdcage Walk via North End Road market where there was a wonderful deal on watermelons.  I then won the gold in heavy pieces of fruit carrying over long distances.  Having left my shopping trolly at home, I needed one of those little remote control cars they have at the Games for returning the shot put; my melon would just about have balanced on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment