Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The sea is always greener

Oh no.  We were just about to exchange contracts on the flat we are about to buy when Mr Smith found another better flat with a dining room and a garden.  I am torn.  Do we buy shit flat and do it up   Or do we buy shit flat already done?  There's only one thing for it ... Go see.

Flying cows.  A few months ago I was asked to repair a cow with broken wings.  How on earth would I do that? But I didn't say that.  No.  Somehow these words came out of my mouth.  "Yes of course I can do that, no problem at all".  It arrives on Thursday and so does major panic.  I asked for preposterous money; Mr Smith is rubbing his hands together with such alacrity there is smoke.

I saw an ad the other day for The Cake & Bake Show.  I thought I would apply for some tickets for me and Claudia.  I found a whacko wheeze way to get a free ticket; all I have to is enter the seaside cake competition.  OK.  I know I am a bit busy right now but I probably won't get selected anyway.
Thinking about it the cost of the cake will vastly exceed the cost of a ticket to the show.

So tomorrow I promise, I swear, I vow to finish my painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment