Thursday, August 30, 2012

Taking on the World

Flying cow is bringing a friend so I have two pairs of wings to make with absolutely no idea what I am doing.  Jolly good says Mr Smith rubbing his hands together even more furiously.  I offered the nice people a discount in a Bogoffy manner much to Mr Smith's horror.  It's still a very decent wage so keep rubbing those hands together or lend us one with this plastic sheeting.

Ollie Pigeon had also done that thing where you agree to do some work then think "Oh no, what have I agreed to".  His was hilarious.  He agreed to knit a mask with absolutely no knowledge of knitting of any sort or knowing anyone who can knit.  Of course I found myself taking on this task.  Oh no.  Well, actually, that is something I can do unlike the giant cake I have taken on or the wings for two cows.  ManditheKiwi wins the prize of opening gob before engaging brain and has agreed to make a 5ft person in bronze with no knowledge of either sculpture or casting.  Teehee.  This should be fun.

Yesterday was a pretty golden day really. I swam in the glorious sunshine, finished a painting (yes I finished it), went up to town to visit Ollie who gave me excellent wing advice, cooked a brill dinner for entire family and ended with falling asleep in front of the Paralympic opening ceremony.  By the way I do not consider being black, gay or wearing glasses a handicap.

Other snippets: Mr Smith's niece, Canadian Lauren, is getting married.  First of the Smith kids to tie the knot. Congrats.  Had to drink champagne last night to celebrate.
Mad Carina is out of her lunatic asylum but to speak to her you can't imagine why.  Maybe she escaped.
My parents had a flood.  Water has poured into their flat from two above. I was going to visit them but it was raining and I didn't want to ruin my lovely day.  Anyway, they said it was quite a small flood and they could manage OK.
ManditheKiwi is going to find me a website man as her previous recommendation is too geeky for me.  He sent me an email that left me totally baffled - Hyperspeak.




No comments:

Post a Comment