Friday, August 24, 2012

Let there be light

I had one of those forgetful days again.  I lost my car keys.  They're not in any of the usual haunts such in someone's boot having fallen out of the keybox, which is now missing its door due a to a little zealous wrenching by me in desperation.  I was an hour late. I had to hotrod my car and drive to Claudia's garden to paint her picture but I forgot the painting. I found I had done it all terribly wrong but will start again and get it all wonderfully right soon.  I didn't really wire my car, I used the spare keys from the safe.  Mr Smith is at home today so he can find them.

When I returned from Claudia's I found a man dangling upside down from a tree at the end of our garden.  He was cutting it down.  I am fairly sure no planning permission of any sort has been requested but I am so thrilled to be shot of that huge dark tree I don't care.  Maybe I can now raise a vegetable; my garden is positively radiant but covered in sawdust.  I must get Mr Smith out with the leaf hoover outside then the new hoover inside as it seems to have snowed through the back door and beyond.

It's feeling a bit Autumny today. It's getting darker in the mornings and the blackberries are abundant.  I never normally think about Autumn until late September.  Maybe I am just being a bit previous.  It's August bank holiday this weekend and I am going to paint a picture or two and look after my dog, who incidentally got better.  The vet gave him snacks and some antibiotics and a pat on the head and he bounced home overhearing a comment from a passing cyclist "Oh look, I'd like a lovely dog like that." You should have told them they could have him, says Mr Smith, save a fortune in vet bills.  There's a basket in the kitchen where he can spend the night, and I don't mean the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment