Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mrs Smith's Olympic Blog

My day at the Olympics. 
It was all a bit like a rather well run sports day at a better school than yours.  The flame was magnificently flamey although in my picture it looks as though it has singed some chap's hair off.  We were far away enough from it not to feel the heat. 

click on pic to make it bigger and better


In view of the fact that Mr Smith booked our tickets back in the days when allocation was fair and square and they were still building our seats, we had an amazingly good view.  I sensibly took my opera glasses for the bits that weren't so near such as pole vaulting.  They proved invaluable.




They run lots of events together and it gets a bit tricky to watch them all at once.  We had lady hammer throwers who twirled and hurled then had their hammers returned in little remote control minis, then pole vaulting, long jumping which looked like Olympic raking to me, short running races, long running races and shot putting which we gave up on as it was at the far end of the track and, as binoculars prefect, I was the only Smith with a view of that event. 

 

I will walk you round the park tomorrow.  I am exhausted and Amazon have just sent my new footspa.  Perfect timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment