Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Swings and .... swings

Off to the dentist.  I don't know what's worse the actual horrors in the dentist chair or paying for it.  I will spend the next hour cleaning my teeth in the vain hope that it will cost less if they start sparkly. I am going to John Lewis to buy myself a gift for my bravery .... some new pillowcases.  I know it's not very exciting but it is if you are our pillows.

I made a majorly bad financial decision recently.  I put all my money in a get rich quick savings account which is actually a get poor quick account if you should want to withdraw your money.  Mr Smith is being remarkably nice about it pointing out that should I have left the money in my current account I would no doubt have spent it rashly.  Who me? I suppose I could borrow from the wicked witch to tide me over .... No.  I will just learn from my expensive mistake and let Mr Smith deal with my financial matters in the future.

We have acquired our first item for our new flat, not counting the new hoover, a mattress.  I got it on Freecycle from a very nice couple in Earlsfield.  It is a very smart mattress from a very expensive bed shop and I know it's second hand but the people were frightfully nice - posh fleas.  We had a bit of a struggle getting it into the car and had to drive home with the boot ajar.  Jason Button Smith had to slow down a bit on the speed humps so the boot didn't fly open depositing our mattress on the Wandsworth one way system. So I might have lost a whole heap of money by my bad investment but at least I have saved us £500 on a mattress.  Maybe I could furnish the whole flat from Freecycle.  Has anyone got a bed?



No comments:

Post a Comment