Sunday, August 5, 2012

Prodigal moments

The Apprentice son returns from foreign parts to the bosom of his family today.  I am tempted to wear heavy armour and leave a note informing him we have moved house but I will probably muck out his room instead.  I would hoover the carpet but there is no visible floor.

Mr Smith is off to the tip in his special tip outfit.  He has clothes for every occasion.  I might just load him up with the entire contents of both boys' rooms.  Sorry chaps, I am bored with asking you to clear up so I have done it for you.  Perhaps I will order a skip.

I gave the shed a bit of a sort out and found a few old paintings that I thought I might recycle.  With a bit of tittivation I think they could all be quite serviceable.  How frugal I hear you cry.  Yes, that's me, the woman who sends her husband to the tip with a thousand jam jars all carefully saved over several years ... with their lids.  I also send brand new clothes with their labels still attached to the charity shop.  (Not when Mr Smith is looking.) Want not, waste a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment