Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting ahead

Mr Smith has gone away to play golf in Kent and find a builder for our new flat.  I want to knock seven shades of shit out of it and make it elegant.  I have a battle .... Mr "It's absolutely fine as it is" Smith and his side kick "Why spend money?" son.  Well, you two, I want an elegant flat that doesn't look like a Granny rental.  I would like smart curtains, a nice fireplace rather than something so hideous it makes me want to scream and decent light fittings.   Here's something sexy: A Smeg wall mounted fire. It looks as though hot cross buns are going to appear from your fireplace.

I like books, the odd ornament, smart furniture, paintings and a fireplace.
I do not like golf clubs, telly dominating the whole room, ugly furniture, radiators.  I am not crazy about Ikea furniture but occasionally needs must until I am rich enough to buy something decent in the antique shops of Rye or kill my stingey parents.

The Apprentice has now come round to my way of thinking but sadly has gone too much the other way choosing bathroom tiles that feature a mural from your own photo and gold plated taps.

We will not actually own this place until mid September but I have got caught up in the Apprentice's enthusiasm and bought a new hoover.  I am thinking of ordering a bed but maybe I should wait until we have exchanged contracts and knocked down a wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment