Saturday, August 4, 2012

Secret squirrelet

I finished a painting .... at long last. It was a bit of an epic.  I then cleared up the shed.  Our son, the Apprentice, is very much a chip off Secret Squirrel's block.  He stores things.  There is so much wire in the shed you could run cable to the moon. I threw quite a lot of stuff out but this involves Mr Smith trying to keep things because they're "useful".  Coming from a man who has never ever done any DIY in his life this is a bit much.  I point out the three other miles of wire, lengths of grotty wood and black bags full of light switches that are never going to be used.  He reluctantly agrees.  I then make a great sacrifice - my glass jars.  I have saved every jam jar we have ever used and it is quite a mighty hoard.  I did once give a few to Internet Dating Jane who makes disgusting jams and chutneys - pear marmalade I remember being particularly unpleasant.  The rest are waiting for me to make chutney which I do every three years using the maximum of six jars.  So time for a cull.  Mr Smith will take them to the tip tomorrow.  Goodbye jars, I will miss you.  However, the shelves are gloriously clear and I can now fill them with wire and useless light fittings.

I went to the market yesterday in search of a cheap vegetable.  The bus got diverted and it rained so I didn't buy much. Not exactly news but I felt a bit disappointed like Rebecca probably did in the swimming when she only got a bronze.

Today I start my jigsaw puzzle.  This is a painting to be turned into a jigsaw puzzle; I am not wasting my time putting little bits of cardboard together incorrectly.  Sensible Alison is going to test the puzzle for me when I have had it made.  She's good at that sort of thing being clever with lots of patience.  I am merely painting the original being thick with only a little patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment