Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Who is George Foreman?

The cow client rang me last night.  Impending doom is back.  She is so nice and understanding; I told her everything has gone horribly wrong but I will do my best.  She was kind but she wants her cows back by the weekend with wings. oh ha ha ha ha.  Oh god, it looks like a few late nights and no Corrie for me.  I must get something that looks like a pair of wings out as soon as is humanly possible.  The latest horror is the two pieces have stuck together despite using mountains of release spray.  It appears not to work.  I will have to use something else on the other side.  I have been trying to cut them apart with a scalpel. Oh my goodness this is difficult.  Anyway, back to the shop today for more supplies.

I have been asked to do a bit of market research on electric grills.  I had no idea what an electric grill was until the Apprentice told me it's that thing endorsed by George Foreman who I don't think plays a ukulele. Wasn't he a boxer? Oh well I think the job is for Tefal so it doesn't matter who he is. Anyway, all I have to do is tip up for a bit of a chit chat and get £75.  Oh jolly deee. I was going that way anyway to get more supplies for the cow casting and they are just round the corner.

When the Lovely Claudia and I were at Earls Court Baking Show I bought some flour from a rather nice stand that had rows of milled flour in smart coloured packets displayed nicely. It was called Marriages.  It transpired that this was Claudia's great grandfather's family business.  So she and the girl on the stall ended up having a great chinwag working out how they were related.  It was positively Who do you think you are?  Last night I made bread from Claudia's bread flour and very good it was too.  I initially thought it wasn't as good as our usual but the whole load went in an evening so it can't be inedible.  Perhaps I should make a loaf for Claudia ....

When I have done the cow.










No comments:

Post a Comment