Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fire fire - no really, there is a fire.

My cow mending went very well and the first cow will end up with beautiful smooth wings ..... in about a fortnight of constant sanding day and night until I ache. The second cow is outside in the garden eating grass.

I have worked out I am now busy every day til late November.  I have simply taken on too much work.  Never mind; I will do it and keep Mr Smith happy.  Yesterday the Apprentice did all the jobs on my task list - well, not the ironing or making a prize winning cake, painting Claudia's garden or making a picnic for Mr Smith's outing to Lords tomorrow.  But he did all my boring computing jobs including setting up my Internet banking and moving money from my account into his.  "No mother, you haven't got the hang of this at all, let me show you again with a bit more money."

 I was just settling down to the crossword at the end of a cow day when there was a loud bang outside my front door.  I nonchalantly looked up thinking a skip had fallen off a lorry or something.  Suddenly there was an explosion and huge flames poured out of the front end of a dark blue Mercedes.  Why did they have to park right outside my house?  Is this taxicab wars?  I stood mouth ajar for a bit as though this wasn't real then thought I had better summon a fire engine.  Please come quick before the rear end goes because that will blow out our windows for sure.  I have to hand it to them, the fire brigade were so speedy and arrived in a trice.  I admired firemen for a bit with the rest of the street then chatted to the car owner who looked a little shaken. He wasn't a taxi driver.  He was simply a rather posh man driving his rather posh car when he noticed his car getting a bit hot so pulled over and .... Kerpow.  Now his car is toast, very burnt toast, wet burnt toast with white foam.  Mrs Nosey made tea for the firemen and police which she brought out on a silver tray.  The Apprentice made a film on his phone that we played to Mr Smith and the Best Boy when they got home.  It was jolly exciting, if a little frightening.  No other cars were harmed in the making of this film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment