Thursday, September 27, 2012

Prickly cow

Dilemma du jour ... There usually is one.  I have run out of fibreglass matting.  No bad thing in one respect as I have it stuck up my arms and I look like a cactus.  Every time I wear an item of clothing that too takes on cactus qualities which doesn't matter right now but if, in the distant future when I have stopped messing about with fibreglass, I should want to wear that item again ooooooh ow.  Anyway, off to see Ollie Pigeon for more fibreglass and more reassurance.  And then it's one step closer to finishing this vile thing.  I am ready to cast.  I just need a drill which the Apprentice has nicked and then I can make the appropriate holes and then with all my very most strength try to pull the moulds off the cows wings and chuck everything outside.  No more resinous pong.  I will remove myself to the shed to make the new wings for the other cow there.  I make it sound easy.  Watch this space.  I am either going to die of asphyxia or stress.  Yet to be decided.

Apart from cows there is the stress of decorating flat in Kent and preventing Mr Smith from putting traffic warden yellow on the bedroom walls and bright blue in the sitting room.  I think I have lost the sitting room battle and it will be sky blue.  However, I have chosen a rather sedate pale grey for the hallway which I know he hates.  Not sure I like it that much either but I am so anxious to avoid any shades of sludge.  Things are very mushroom there at the moment.  I want seaside crispness.

And now boys and girls I am going to make some Lovely Claudia bread from the flour milled by The Lovely Claudia's great grandfather; with bits of fibreglass or without?

No comments:

Post a Comment