Sunday, September 16, 2012

The late late show

My tummy hurts. This is because Mr Smith took me out for a delicious anniversary dinner and I thoroughly overdid it.  I feel so full.  I think it was the white chocolate and toasted pineapple tart that did me in.  The slight problem we had with our meal was the chronically slow service.  We didn't actually eat til 10 which gave us an hour and a half wait for our food. Too long. I was pretty pissed off but managed not to drink the whole bottle of wine before we ate.  I didn't want to drink without my food which meant getting through 3 jugs of water as an aperitif.  They were unusually busy and blamed the delay on two parties they had in.  They shouldn't have taken the bookings if they couldn't cope.  my dinner was fabulous  - just late.

The cow does not bode well.  Her wings are heavy and nothing sticks so it is all falling off.  I will try to stick things back today.  I have a cunning plan, Baldrick.

The cake is big and blue and high.  I see a few problems with that too.  Today I will make a shark and a mermaid and maybe an experimental wave.  Then I will work on shells.  Here's something tricky - a seagull made out of icing.  You try!  So far I have a penguin and a dodo and a bald eagle.




No comments:

Post a Comment