Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Projecting the future

I have a master plan which is to sell my seaside flat and buy one beside some other sea. Mr Smith plays golf in Kent so that would be the spot. Today we went to look at properties which was very interesting as well as very exhausting. We saw a huge flat which looks at the sea with Dungerness nuclear power station looming in the background. This isn't the prettiest bit of coast but it would suit us just fine. Picturesque sheep graze on the salt marshes of Romney and the local town, Rye, is so pretty. We don't really need a five bedroomed flat but it's cheaper than the two bedroomed ones we saw and I'm sure, like goldfish, we'd soon grow to fit the bowl. I could have a studio at the top, as this flat is on two levels. We could have rooms that just look decorative or remain forever full of boxes. The bottom line is half the money and twice the space of the current pad and Mr Smith would enjoy it too. He tends to put his disgruntled face on when he visits the sea. Here he would be happy. Actually, on the way back he abandoned me in Asda and I was so distressed I'm not sure if I will buy him a flat. He had to unpack all the shopping on his own as a punishment.

I am suddenly really excited. However, I have had two days of no painting which means I must work extra hard tomorrow. I need one of those wall charts that you can mark your projects' progress. I 'd spend so much time trying to figure it out I'd forget to do any work.

No comments:

Post a Comment