Sunday, February 5, 2012

Birthday snow

Ooooooh, it snowed. This is so exciting even if it does mean Mr Smith and I are holed up in our hovel with the heating turned up. It's his birthday and we are celebrating it by doing nothing at all. Tomorrow is my birthday and we will be celebrating it with trumpets and flags and partying all day long.

I was due to have my Big Art Restock today. I had craftily persuaded Mr Smith to drive me over to the City to make purchases of large rolls of canvas and stretchers but I fear it's too white for such activity today. We'll just have to build a snow and dogpoo man instead. I will have to finish the painting I am currently working on rather than getting side tracked by lovely new ones.

I'll make Mr Smith a birthday cake. He can blow out his candle and look miserable. He's good at that. I was going to buy him a little house or flat by the sea in Kent on Wednesday but it might be weather stop play ... again. We will go house hunting once it's thawed.

Mrs Smith's Olympic year is going rather well so far what with such a fabulous holiday in the Caribbean, a nice little cheque from Granny's settlement, a show booked for next year, commissioned paintings, commissioned cakes and a birthday in the snow. Oh and my father's new heart bit seems to be working a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment