Saturday, February 4, 2012

Biarritz or Bognor?

A cold and frosty morning doesn't really describe today in technicolor. Let my try again ... It's unbelievably cold this morning with a little glimpse of sunlight glistening on the white dusting of frost that decorates the roofs and treetops. It's so nearly snow but not quite. I was going swimming this morning but not quite. I shall snuggle back under the covers and watch Mr Smith put on his thermal tights under his golf trousers ... and snigger. Oh, my superhero.

Two days ago my father had heart surgery. Today I will call him and see how he is. Probably exhausted as my mother visits him all day every day. He is still in intensive care which sounds to me like he's in an incubator. He has a new plastic aorta and I imagine it will take a couple of weeks for his heart to get used to this idea. It all sounds amazing to me -medical magic.

Still recovering from my previous holiday, and certainly avoiding all alcohol, I am now thinking about the next one. We are planning a trip to Biarritz in May with Mr Smith's family but nobody can agree on how to get there or where to stay or how much to spend. Then someone has just discovered it is a windswept coastal town on the Bay of Biscay whilst someone else doesn't like Ryanair. Good grief, let's just go and have fun. By then I should be back on the booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment