Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Big 17

It is beautifully light in the mornings now that Spring has suddenly sprung. The awful darkness of December and January is long gone so I bounce out of bed in the streaming sunlight all rearing to go these days. I want to go swimming today. I have a choice to brave it with the superkeeny early morning brigade headed by Judith Big Bra or I can go later and battle my way through child soup. I think I'd better cram the folds into the Lycra and embrace the dawn.

In a mad moment of benevolence I offered my services to M-C who is moving her studio out of her house and into a proper place of work. Of course she doesn't need me as she has booked removals people but she thought I could help her pack it all up. I must be mad! Anyway it's not til the end of March. In the meantime we planned to go to a show together and swore each other to secrecy so the other members of her class don't come too. I like being teacher's pet. I'd better do my sewing homework.

I am in a good mood today though Mr Smith is at home all day so it will probably wear off soon.
I have to finish off my last two little paintings and pack up all 12 to send to Jersey on the first leg of their journey to the Caribbean. This is quite exciting and means I can now embark on the seventeen big paintings needed for next year's exhibition. My new job. I need to churn out two month, which is actually a lot as each painting takes me about three weeks. By farming them in rotation and Mr Smith whipping me I should manage to speed up a bit. Oh goodness, what have I taken on?

No comments:

Post a Comment