Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to me

I had a birthday and a very splendid birthday it was too. My lovely Uggs arrived and they are deliciously toastie and fluffy. The day was filled with calls and messages and cards from lovely friends and family. Mr Smith ignored the event. The boys also tried to ignore it but I reminded them this may reflect on their birthdays whereupon there was much rushing to shops and signing of cards. Mr Smith suggested I might like to make a chicken pie to mark the event .... so we went out for a curry en famille. This was courtesy of Mrs Smith Mother of Mr Smith who I discovered had given him a cheque for just such a purpose about which he had kept remarkably quiet. We were £7 short so I'll send mother in law round to do the washing up when she's next in London.

The snow has almost disappeared except in our street where the pavement is white and slippery. I have to walk the dog down the middle of the road and we keep getting mown down by traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment