Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April

Lovely sunny day of the sort that looks much warmer than it actually is. I really do have a cold. It's not yet in my head just in my nose but I have a nasty feeling it will get worse before it gets better.

I feel all spring cleany today so I got Mr Smith up super early so he can go to the tip. I then cleaned the bedroom, sorted out my shoes and did over my sock drawer ... a bit. I threw away all unmatching socks; I have given up on their friends ever turning up. Bet they do. Now I will change the sheets, air the duvet out of the window like everyone does in Europe ... well in clean countries like Scandinavia, perhaps not France where they merely turn the hay occasionally.

Mr Smith does a very annoying thing when he goes to the tip. He goes around the house and garden picking things up and saying "Is this for the tip?". Except he does it quite aggressively to imply that I shouldn't have left it there if it isn't to be thrown away. This applies this morning to a garden fork, a brand new printer I can't get to work because it needs the Internet or something, a new summer top still in its bag because it's for the summer ... and the dog. No you cannot throw away the dog even if he has emptied the rubbish bag all over the floor. Oh no, I've just looked out of the window to see our perfectly serviceable garden umbrella hanging out the back of his car as he sails off to Wandsworth. I put it near the bins for winter storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment