Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Who's Queen?

Now you are not going to believe this, as I hardly do myself, but I am starting work tomorrow with a proper contract and everything. I am to be The Manager. You can call me Queen Manager or Your Most Majestic Illustrous Manager but not Manageress as that doesn't sound quite the same at all.

I am reading the life story of Isabella Blow who I knew vaguely when I was at school in Oxford. Gosh, what a load of rubbish. I remember her boyfriend, William, borrowing a friend's car but failing to tell him and then being arrested but it was all sorted out amicably. In the book it claims that William had a penchant for stealing cars and joyriding. Issie had a reasonable allowance but always overspent but in the book it is claimed her father was a mean and cruel man because he wouldn't give her more money to buy a ridiculously expensive dress. Spoilt brat comes to mind.

Mr Smith must be quite pleased with me because when I muttered something about popping over to Nevis for a bit of painting he thought it a grand idea. Oh. I thought he would be horrified by such expense and exterminate me on the spot. It woudn't be til the end of my Managering which is August. Then we have to buy a house. Oh it really is exciting being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment