Sunday, April 15, 2012

Go fly a kite

Gosh what an exciting weekend I had. All go at the seaside. I went to a residents meeting to gloat over the sale of my flat but I then realised this is subject to the people actually buying it. These things are never quite like buying a cabbage. Much sniffing of the cabbage has to go on and other parties are invited to sniff too then greengrocers have to swap paper and months go by until you wonder if you will ever get rid of your smelly old cabbage. Then of course there is the matter of finding a nice new cauliflower.

The prospective buyers want everything in the flat so perhaps I didn't need all the cardboard boxes and tape that I insisted on buying and ramming into Mr Smith's very full car. I spent much of the weekend clearing out my garage and I really did a very good job. I had a master plan of three piles... Keep, chuck and give away. I took a load of stuff to the Cat and Rabbit charity shop. Then of course I had heart wrenching moments of Oh no, not the kites, I like our kites even if I have never actually flown one. I invited a few people in to scavenge ... Everything free, take what you like .. No not the kites. They went away empty handed with me pursuing them with rusty screwdrivers, a waffle maker, a cloudy larva lamp and a bottle of Baileys with a tiny dribble in the bottom. But it's all free ... Don't go. This morning Mr Smith loaded it all into his car and we had an outing to the tip. I retrieved the kites.

No comments:

Post a Comment