Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter


I managed to rid my house of the stench of boiled vinegar by opening every single window, making a cake, baking bread (the usual hefty variety) and hoovering all soft surfaces and polishing all hard surfaces. I am exhausted but it does smell better. I did not resort to Glade or any other vomit inducing smells in a can. I picked some daffs but they didn't really make a great effort; their absence in the garden is notable.

My father really isn't awfully well. I think his new aorta is doing its thing but it's still the new boy and settling in is taking time. He went to see a doctor who shoved him in hospital where he received lots of different diagnoses until House (Head Honcho) appeared and assured him there was nothing wrong, he did not need to inject himself in the stomach with warfarin several times an hour or die of thrombosis and after three days was sent home. He is getting better.

I will finish a painting today. There, I have written it down so it has to happen. I only have a tricky bit of window to do then posh up the palm trees and it's done. Then I can eat loads of Easter eggs and cook the pascal lamb with red currant jelly and teeny potatoes. Oh, actually it looks like pascal pork; Mr Smith did the shopping.

Oooooh it's raining. Well, if you were my garden you would be thrilled. If you were Mr Smith heading for the golf course you would be less thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment