Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spreading it thin

It is that time of year again when Mrs Smith gets out her hoe and inspects the weeds before planting acres of vegetables that produce two weedy beans and a pea. It's hard work this gardening business. My little potager is a backbreaking affair that takes many an hour of hard labour with no hosepipes allowed this year. Oh well, I have at least made a start.

I have now been approached by the Olympic arty people to do Olympic arty things. This is at the same time as my BT arty thing. Then of course there is own arty thing. Amongst all this there is the matter of selling a flat and buying another one. Oh, and a holiday. It's all go being me.

Last week of April so I have to finish my two April paintings. May might be a bit of an effort and June even more of a squeeze. However, if I don't want to end up with a diabolical December, I had better just find those extra hours and paint my butt off. Perhaps Mr Smith could clean the house and grow the vegetables - he prefers to buy them all done for you from Sainsburys. I only do that when he's not looking then I chuck a bit of earth on them and pretend I managed abundant crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment