Thursday, April 12, 2012

Maid Marion Smith

My headache diminished gradually but I had become so used to sitting around feeling sorry for myself that I did some more out of habit. I seem to have grown roots that are embedded
in our sofa. Today I will wrench myself up and out and take some long ovedue exercise. I have a slight headache but I think it's a different variety of headache probably from being so lazy. Mr Smith can applaud my effort. He won't.

At 6pm I remembered I was supposed to tidy my desk. Mr Smith came home half way through. Are you still doing that? Yes, it took me the whole day. I opened a festering bank statement to discover I am hideously overdrawn. Oh. This might have something to do with the vast amounts of money I have spent recently but I blamed it on Mr Smith for stealing it and not giving me enough. He is a right little Robin Hood when he puts his mind to it.

So I am now looking at ways of economising. Dog, you can have cheaper food. Mr Smith, so can you. I have to go to the supermarket today for eggs and loo paper - smart price varieties. Do you think poor people steal loo paper from loos they visit? I might find out how you surreptitiously stuff a few rolls up your jumper or hide the wall mounted dispenser in your handbag. No, a life of crime would not suit me at all. I am going to do this honestly. I will borrow the loo paper and give it back when we have used it.

Only three weeks til we go to France. None of my clothes fit. Time for some drastic action. No food much movement. OK some food but only skimpy amounts accompanied by an olympian training programme. Alternatively, I could just go to France fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment