Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Will they, won't they?

My big walk was amazing, especially the City bit which took in all the fab sights: St Paul's, The Gherkin, LLoyds, Leadenhall Market, The Guildhall, Monument, The Tower and the River - Oh wow. I got a bit delayed by traffic lights, sandwich shops and going the wrong way but I got back to the start just as it started to rain. "How many times did you get lost then?" asks Mr Smith. Well there was that tricky bit round St Paul's and then that really odd bit after that and I followed the river for miles forgetting to turn off to see the Queen. "None, I followed the map that I had carefully memorised and my natural sense of direction did the rest". He's still laughing.

I might never walk again I feel so stiff. I think a very light swim and a gentle dip in the jacuzzi are called for.

I have a nasty feeling I am not going to be working on telephone boxes. If BT and NSPCC are quibbling over the teeny weeny rates on the rent free warehouse I have found them then how on earth are they going to find the money to pay me? I mentioned it to Mr Smith who tells me he has had a bet going for sometime. Oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment