Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Parking priorities

Rebecca Campbell
My agent in the Caribbean (gosh that sounds grand), Gallery Annie, has asked me to paint a third postcard in the series for the Hermitage hotel. As I was having a horrid time struggling with a garden painting that just woudn't go right, I decided to tackle that instead. It turned out fine. Phew, because I was starting to lose faith in my abilities as an artist. Now to battle with the scanner and check on my abilities as a computer whizz.

Due to work and sheer laziness on my part I haven't really sorted out my vegetable garden this year. There are 4 tiny broad bean plants amongst a vast number of weeds, a few runners but nothing else bothered to grow despite careful planting in May. Where are those peas and those carrots? I seem to be death to most things green. Mr Smith prefers buying them in Waitrose anyway.

Task of the day: Sort out the parking permits for all our cars. Wandsworth have made this ridiculously complicated. Mr Smith somehow managed his (I suspect he got one of our sons to perform on line techno gym for him) so he is rather gloaty whist I have to go to the town hall in person and beat my fists whilst wailing trying to prove that my car is my car and I live where I live and I am not a fraudster with a secret desire to park outside my house. Then I have to do this for the boys' stinky old Daewoo. Wish me luck.

Off to lovely Rebecca's exhibition of fabulous paintings this evening. Then Mr Smith is taking me out for dinner. About time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment