Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jubilee stains

Today Mrs Smith went to the river to watch the Jubilee boat parade sporting a bit of a hangover brought on by trying to figure out Twitter last night and having to drink lots of wine to kwell the awfulness of the whole thing; I can't make it work.  Mr Smith, who does not tweet and never will, stayed at home and made a pie.  Anyway, I arrived at Putney boat house to see the dragon boats and gondolas round up and take off which was absolutely splendid.  It got a bit cold on the river so Mr Smith came to collect me at the half way point, took me home and fed me warm tomato soup that I spilled on my brand new white trousers.  On a good note this prompted me to deal with my overflowing laundry basket and put on a whites load praying for miracles from the washing powder.  Oh heck I forgot to put any in.  I will have to split open one of those liquid tab thingies and aim it into the top bit like it tells you not to do on the instructions.   And then I will make Mr Smith's pie that he didn't make because he was so busy collecting me ... or something.  Then I will make coleslaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment