Friday, June 8, 2012

A Grand Day for Mrs Smith


Yesterday Mr Smith invited me to lunch. How very nice of him, thinks I. But then I know him and he must be up to something. Oh yes, it's completion day when I get all my money from the sale of my flat. He must want some. We had a lovely lunch then dashed across Piccadilly in the pouring rain to an exhibition of delightful paintings by Gary Bunt. These made up for the very boring Royal Academy Summer show that I loitered around which just makes you wonder what it's all about really. I was, on the whole, mightily unimpressed but inspired to paint more of mine as they are heaps better than most of that load of tat.

I ended my grand day out with a drinks do at the top of BT Tower, some of us once knew it as the Post Office Tower. It revolved and made us feel a bit seasick but wow That View! Amazing. The only taller building I could see was the Shard which was very glinty in the evening sunlight. I now have a monumental hangover down to my toenails and I do so wish they'd stop the spinning. I put it down to the altitude. I really don't feel very well at all today. I am not due at work until 3pm ... Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment