Sunday, June 24, 2012

No cat swinging for us

Well I have to tell you not to believe everything you see in estate agents' particulars. There was a picture of a balcony overlooking the sea with a bit of outdoor furniture perched upon it. In reality you had to open a heavy sash window, haul yourself over the edge onto a teeny bit of windowsill that was surrounded with spiked pigeon defences. How the heck they got furniture out there for the photo is beyond me. We didn't go for that one. We have now resigned ourselves to a one bedroomed flat as that is really all we need. My major complaint about all the places we saw was the inadequate size of the sitting room. If you are eating in there as well as sitting you would be very short of Elba room indeed. Then Mr Smith mentioned having someone to stay. Where? I saw an understair cupboard but I imagine he would be filing his golf clubs there. I agree with him that a fairly posh ground floor flat with a seaside view for under a hundred grand is pretty amazing value and perhaps we should just rush into it blindly without much thought. We usually make most of our incredibly important decisions such as having children or getting a dog in this way. I am just a bit unenthusiastic. Mr Smith is stupidly excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment