Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peaks and troughs

At the weekend I bought some metal planters which are liners for wooden troughs.  I bought these from the world's worst salesman.  I would happily have bought the whole jardiniere complete with liners but he insisted on selling me only the liners thus doing himself out of a substantial sale.  He was like this with everything.  Oh no you don't want to buy that when you can make it yourself or buy a much cheaper one down the road.  I now have to make a jardiniere.  What a fag when I could have just bought one from him ready made.  Really what this is is a mounting block or a couple of wide steps on which one plonks pots and troughs in a staggered arrangement.  I might get out some bits of wood and make a start today then all I need are a few bolts and screws and a lick o' paint and Mr Smith can say "Bit wonky isn't it?" and I can kick him.

Received a photo of one son in Cypress.  Which Cypriot jail is housing the other one?


No comments:

Post a Comment