Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New day, new hair

I am taking my grey roots to be dealt with.  I might try a before and after photo.  I might not as, whilst I don't mind looking a frightful old bat in the before, I would weep uncontrollably if I still looked an old bat afterwards.  These things are not cheap you know and I was thinking of getting my nails done, though those unsmiling Thai people get me down a bit.  They have nasty tanks of piranhas in the back and a snooty manner that makes me feel fat and dirty even if I am having a thin day and am straight from the bath.

The Good Evans are coming to dinner.  It is ages since I saw Unpresuming Ed and Sensible Alison. I am going to cook an amazing Cordon Bleu dinner .... I hope.

THE MENU

Silly little filo parcels filled with prawns and salmon decorated with dill to look poncey.
Fillet Steaks with some rather tricky sauce, potato dauphinois and oh I dunno whatever is rotting in the fridge.
Damson crumble with cream or fresh pineapple
Stinky cheese.

It is heaven without the boys.  They have been gone for a whole hour; it feels like heaven.

Annabel

No comments:

Post a Comment