Saturday, November 24, 2012

Making whoopee

I just realised I haven't made anything today.  Not like me.  Well, I have made a loaf of bread that I can smell baking away as I write and I have worked on a painting all morning.  It should be finished tomorrow. Thank heavens for Graham Norton without whom my Saturday mornings would be oh so dull.  I didn't last through Tony Blackbum because I was cold and hungry and needed lunch.  I did intend to go back but ended up having a lovely afternoon nap dreaming of the Caribbean which is where I am off to on Tuesday.  An adventure.

I swam this morning.  I felt invigorated.

I have just found all the cherries at the bottom of the cake.  Mr Smith was right after all, things were not quite as well distributed as they could have been, but for God's sake don't tell him.  I made my Christmas cake today.  So there's something else I made. Hope it's ok.  It seemed hopelessly uncooked after 2 hrs (it's only small) so I gave it a lot longer.  Oh well, by Christmas it should have matured nicely.  Last year I made my cakes in August and by December they were Amazing.  Just as well I made two as the first one got demolished the week before Christmas.

I need to do my Christmas shopping.  I might proceed to the shops tomorrow ... Oh no actually there is no time. I will have to go on Monday.  I will do all the stocking fillers and see if there are any other bits and bobs I can pick up for the fussy idiots who pass for male members of this family inc. dog.

Mr Smith is taking me out to lunch tomorrow.  How exciting you might think.  Wrong. Hold onto your hats.  We are going to the golf club to use up the remnant money on my card. His generosity knows no bounds and next year I am paying the sub.  Woohoo.




No comments:

Post a Comment