Sunday, November 25, 2012

Foody woo

Thought about it long and hard and finally decided to use up all leftover dried fruit and make a second Christmas cake.  Now there will be cake for all.  There is always the dread of it not cooking or cooking too much.  I never know; it seems desperately hit and miss which I suppose adds an element of fun to the proceedings.

We went to Roehampton Club for lunch and moaned about everything from the stupidity of the booking system to the awfulness of the pudding.  All we got was backchat.  Most annoying.  Now I feel full and angry.

Tomorrow is packing day when I lay everything out, decide it's all awful, go shopping for new stuff and repack.  My big kit bag is full of very heavy art materials.  My brain is full of very heavy paintings.  I have such great ideas that are just bursting to get out.  Shame I can't paint on the plane.  I will read my book and watch dreary films and eat tiny little compartmental meals as usual and put a great deal of energy into ignoring the person sitting next to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment