Friday, November 9, 2012

Dinner dates

Dinner was Good despite most of the sauces tasting vile and going wrong. I didn't fancy boring old pineapple and the damsons looked like they had seen better days and anyway were all mushy from being frozen so I made pineapple upside down pudding with lots of moscavado sugar and cream ... Just heaven.  I would definitely do that one again.  Two days later and I am still full.

I found a new Thai nail place in Putney.  The girls were kept in a cupboard and the head honcho opened it and got one out every now and again.  They were lovely and smiley and there were no fish in sight. I now have beautifully buffed and polished nails for a tenner.  I was even offered "tree" which I think was tea but I passed on that so will never know.

Today Mr Smith is taking me and my rather untrusty fold away trolly to the market to stock up on veg as we have not so much as a potato in our fridge.  My trolly tends to fold itself up at the worst possible moment so I have to drag this stupid lopsided thing through the market scraping it along the ground until I kick it - Mr Smith.  The trolly does not like to carry much more than a carrot and an onion and maybe a light lettuce.

I must paint, I must garden, I must order next year's calendars, and do the website stuff I have to do.  The man is making a bit of a bog up.  I labelled everything which took me all of Sunday and he has lost it all.  I am really cross.  He seems to have got it into a terrible mess.  This is not really what I wanted.  Never mind.  I will pay him and be dissatisfied forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment