Friday, July 13, 2012

Oh what a saga

The Lovely Claudia had to perform a little market research this morning on elderly pensions or something at the Over 50s show at Olympia. For some unknown reason I accompanied her. I think it had something to do with Fridays being Mr Smith's At Home days and I would infinitely prefer him to Hoover, iron and shop rather than nag me. Despite being a fairly grim affair I bought three pairs of reading glasses, a truckle of cheese, a static caravan and a retired greyhound. Claudia made me watch a very poor fashion show put on by a few pensioners who shuffled down the catwalk in ghastly clothes with as much pzazz as if they were in North End Road market in the rain. I looked horrified and Claudia hurried me away so I didn't put the poor dears off their stride/hobble. I got picked up by a horrible old git in a nasty tweed jacket between Meals-on-Wheels and Cruises 4 U. I managed to head him off but not before someone tried to sell us a South African safari - cor I can't half pull em.

No comments:

Post a Comment