Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Bronze Age on Thursday

Did you know you are not allowed to say BC any more?  It is now BCA or BCE Before the Common Age or Common Era.  No Anno Domini either,  ACA.  I despair.  I found this out at the Bronze Exhibition at the RA where I was amazed to note that a wonderful statue of a large man from 1000 BC (I am making a point here) was missing a leg but his willy had stayed perfectly intact.  You would think the smaller bits would have worn away first. Mother in Law took me and after we had cultured and had a lovely lunch, we went to buy fabrics and blinds in John Lewis.  She was very helpful and we chose the perfect cheap and cheerful blind for the kitchen and some excellent stripes to cover the mouldy dining chairs.  I am so glad I squeezed that in between Kent trips. 

Now just a loo roll holder and a loo brush and I can relax before working out what to do with my hideous bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment