Sunday, May 20, 2012

Working woman

Mr Smith has Fridays at home. I have begun to regard this as the day the cleaner comes and I leave him little notes such as Don't forget to clean upstairs loo and water house plants. That is after I have given him an enormous shopping list, a pile of bills and a pile of laundry to deal with. Do you think the ironing would be pushing it a bit too far? Don't know why, after all I do all the housework normally but perhaps not all in one day.

The phone box is more or less finished. It needs another coat of varnish and the windows need tarting up a bit. Then on Monday the man is coming to inspect it and make it a hat and off it will go to make its debut in Harvey Nicholls.

I am absolutely exhausted. Most of me aches. It's a combination of standing up all day, whizzing up and down a ladder and lifting damned telephone boxes which my back actually cannot stand. I have strained my thumb somehow and it really hurts. I am glad I have nearly completed my task then I can sit back in my office and laud it over everyone once more. It ain't easy being the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment