Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Go poke it

On Sunday I received an email from Horizontal Charlie asking me to work on the Olympic mascots. They wanted me to paint a mascot and help with touching up and repairs. That sounds just the ticket thinks I. This does clash with my BT job but only for a week so it shoud be fine. S-J, the project manager, emailed and next thing I know is I am expected to recruit people, set up teams, manage cleaning and mending and follow a strategy plan. For some unknown reason I agreed to this. Then I got an email from head honcho "You don't want to do it like that." You are absolutely right, I don't want to do it at all. So I rang her and resigned on the spot. She somehow talked me round and sent me terrifying spread sheets. I nearly cried. Then I wrote my anti CV along the lines of "Totally hopeless, been fired from heaps of jobs, is about to be exterminated by her husband for not doing the ironing etc." I rang her side kick, the one who had set out the original plan, and explained that I am a fat mad woman who is quite handy with a paintbrush, the only person I have ever employed in my life is a cleaner and I certainly don't do strategy planning. And your boss is a control freak. And your other boss is so laid back he's horizontal. And the three of you need to organise yourselves before you go frightening unsuspecting artists into taking on ridiculously overwhelming tasks. I think that told them. "Do you have any friends who could take this on?". No I don't have any friends, I am woefully unpopular, everyone dislikes me intensely and I spend all day every day on my own. Time for a coven meeting; tea, cupcakes and besi mates all celebrating my ability to stand up for myself and shout NO. 

Mr Smith is quite proud of me.  He even offered to speak to them should I need support.  My hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment