Thursday, May 10, 2012

Madame la grande

la creme de la creme
Dilemma du jour - there usually is one. Mr Smith and the Canadians are rather good at eating. We go to super restaurants and eat vast quantities of delicious food washed down with gallons of gorgeous wine and I seem to have turned into a hippo whilst they have all stayed the same size. I suppose it's all that golf although I have been swimming enthusiastically and repeatedly. Now I am still pretty full from yesterday's huge meals but there is hotel breakfast waiting for me downstairs. I absolutely adore hotel breakfast with food spread to the end of the dining room and back. I do that fatal thing of having a little bit if everything until my plate is groaning. I have actually been quite frugal on breakfasts so far opting for tea only, passing on all the food, at least once. However, yesterday I then went back later and croissanted. Today I would like to try all the things I haven't yet managed but I might have a heart attack in the middle of the dining room or explode or just be unable to waddle back to my room and a crane would be required to haul me up. I don't know the french for crane. Oh well, I will go and swim and then see how I feel .... Fat I should imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment