Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy shopper


Such a good tourist. I went to the market and spent all my holiday money on day one. I then went on the tourist train that trogs round the town and along the rugged coast. My good intentions of walking to and up the lighthouse were thwarted by some charming Irish people who did what Irish people always do ... Plied me with alcohol. After a couple of glasses of wine I wasn't going up any lighthouses. I went to the beach but then the tide came in. I carefully selected a Basque restaurant for dins. The only person dissatisfied with my choice was me. The place was a hive of activity with tourists and locals alike. It was very loud and my dinner was wholly disappointing. Tonight we will go to the least popular restaurant in town or at least somewhere a trifle less heaving. Now must dash to the Musee du Chocolat. This is one where I might not avoid the museum shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment