Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pre-Biarritz planning party

Yesterday I fell in love with a pop star. This charming not particularly good looking man came and chatted to me at work.  I liked him last time I met him and he was even more endearing yesterday, having got the wrong day for his press meeting so he chatted to me instead.  I didn't know he was famous/is famous.  He just looks a bit of an anoracky Jack Nicholson.  In 1980something he was the heartthrob of Britain and beyond.  I really must remember to Google everyone I meet.  Oh why bother, people are people.

Tomorrow we are off on our Spring holiday and in anticipation the Canadians and Smiths various all met up for a pre-holiday planning session. We had a great strawberry cheesecake thing and didn't plan any Biarritz at all.  Instead we relished in the fact that we didn't have to swap all our year's notes in one evening as we have a whole week ahead of us to catch up.  Oh fun.  We didn't even manage to agree a time to meet at the airport.  We will all pile onto Squeazy Jet and probably all sit separately due to their idiotic non seat allocation.  R&G have cleverly booked Speedy Boarding.  Mr Smith thinks that's too expensive so he and I have tortoise boarding.  One of our party has already dropped out as he has a hernia.  Actually, he's not the sort of chap who would help you with your suitcase so I am quite pleased.

Canadian Georgie brilliantly brought a guide to Biarritz with her that I took to bed with me when they had, eventually, all gone home.  I notice there is a Chocolate Museum .... oh how wonderful.  There is also a gym and swimming pool at our hotel.  The pool is outdoor but claims to be heated but I do know these french "heated" pools.  I will pack an extra warm swimsuit.

Well, what shall I pack?  Not much as Canadian Georgie needs to use half my suitcase as hers is overweight - something to do with different baggage allowances between transatlantic and cheap and nasty European flights.  I so hope she doesn't give me drugs to carry and I end up in a Thai jail.  She is actually a top business woman and Mr Smith's sensible sister, not a drug smuggler. 



No comments:

Post a Comment