Monday, January 9, 2012

There's an ap for that

Now that I have been in possession of my iPad for two weeks I am completely addicted to it. If I want to know anything at all I can instantly consult either Google or I can download an application for that particular subject. Yesterday, I wanted to know where the constellation of Orion actually is, what to cook for dinner and how much my hideous Christmas weight gain is in both pounds and kilos. All was answered at the press of a screen. I now have a sky at night ap that lines up me and the stars exactly where we are which, I don't know about you but, I think is pretty much magic. It draws all the lines on the map so it is no longer just a mass of indecipherable dots. Jamie Oliver told me what to cook complete with a little demo and I now have bits of it attached to the screen. For the weight gain I simply downloaded a calculator that looks a bit complicated to me - I only wanted a bit of 14 times table as I didn't have enough fat fingers, but now I have everything from binary to trigonometry and a diet ap for good measure.

My iPad also has the newspaper every day, television, a superb library of books, music, art (both to look at and do) and photographs to both take and admire. I have already read three books the loveliest of which was Pride and Prejudice. I also loved Small Island by Andrea Levey. The downside is I haven't moved much. Perhaps I should take some exercise and occasionally speak to Mr Smith. I'm sure I can find an ap for both those.

No comments:

Post a Comment