Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Giving it all away

Mrs Smith is on Twitter but .... How does it work? I don't think I can be arsed to find out. I am so busy hating Facebook with a vengeance that I don't have time for another social network.

I thought I wouldn't really bother with packing for my forthcoming holiday to the Caribbean (just thought I'd drop that in to make you jealous). Instead I would just use that boring couple of hours at the airport to buy everything I need there. Given my propensity for buying things that don't fit, I don't think that is my best idea yet as taking the things back would be nigh on impossible. No, you don't understand, Mr Security Man, I'm not flying anywhere I just couldn't get my big backside into this stupid teeny weeny swimsuit and I need to get my money back. Actually, I think the shops all have other shops elsewhere.

Yesterday I was so determined to stick to my low calorie regime but I then had lunch with M-C and Gay Virginio. We went to a lovely Italian and had the most delicious meatballs, sausage and polenta - at Gay Virginio's insistence. Oh it was so yummy and came with lovely focaccia and that dipping oil. I almost had to be wheeled down Northcote Road I was so full.

Mad Carina popped round for tea .... by taxi. She only lives round the corner. She was more bonkers than ever. She has shopping addiction. This isn't about acquisition which is relatively normal "Ooooh all the lovely new things in their rustly tissue paper, mine all mine". Her addiction is gifting. I stopped her buying me endless presents last year but she has other recipients. Why doesn't she spend some money on herself? Her woeful over gifting just makes her appear madder. I think she is past help. I only realised yesterday just how badly addicted to shopping and giving she has become. In the end she will run out of money. When she left she found she had lost her purse. That'll control her for a while. No, I didn't take it; she'd left it in the taxi.

Today is housework day. Mr Smith looks far more excited about this than me. He is composing a list then is off to play golf ..... with his list shoved in his golf bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment